RE: st: Display of missing by groups

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Display of missing by groups
Date   Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:56:00 -0000

This is the easy end of the problem.

With

bysort a : ...

the missings get -sort-ed to one end.

With

bysort a b c ... : ...

the observations with missing values
in at least some of the variables could
be in blocks at different positions in
the data.

Also, missing on some but not all of the variables
implies what?

David Harrison

> I don't see why this would be a problem, as -by- already has
> the options
> -sort- and -rc0-.
>
> Still, I would go with -tabstat, by()- anyway, as the output is
> formatted much more attractively.

Fred Wolfe