Re: st: RE: median cubic spline assumptions

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: median cubic spline assumptions
Date   Mon, 06 Feb 2006 09:42:04 +0000

The spirit of the idea of slicing into bands
and taking medians, if not the letter,
is in Tukey's Exploratory data analysis.

Tim Wade

This is very interesting-- thanks for the reply Nick. I didn't know
that this was more or less uniquely a Stata application,  that does
limit the ability to conveniently use it outside of the Stata
community. Has the approach been published anywhere in a peer reviewed
type journal?