st: RE: Power calculation for McNemar's test

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Power calculation for McNemar's test
Date   Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:32:13 -0000

I think a possible solution to Eamonn's problem might be to use my
-powercal- and -somersd- packages, both downloadable from SSC. See
Newson (2002) and Newson (2004), which can both be downloaded in
pre-print form from my website from within Stata by typing

net from http://www.kcl-phs.org.uk/rogernewson/papers/

and proceeding from there. The present version of -somersd- can handle
paired data.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

References

Newson R. Parameters behind "nonparametric" statistics: Kendall's tau,
Somers' D and median differences. The Stata Journal 2002; 2 (1): 45-64.

Newson R. Generalized power calculations for generalized linear models
and more. The Stata Journal 2004; 4(4): 379-401.

Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
POSTAL ADDRESS:
National Heart and Lung Institute at Imperial College London
St Mary's Campus
Norfolk Place
London W2 1PG
STREET ADDRESS:
National Heart and Lung Institute at Imperial College London
47 Praed Street
Paddington
London W1 1NR
TELEPHONE: (+44) 020 7594 0939