Re: st: graph export to pdf

From   Bill Rising <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: graph export to pdf
Date   Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:38:40 -0500

On Jan 19, 2006, at 14:55, Thomas Speidel wrote:

There probably is a way to change the bounding box property if you use
ghostscript. The device you want is
-sDEVICE=pdfwrite
If you look at the documentation specific to pdfwrite, you may find an
option that controls the bounding box. BTW you need to save a ps or eps
before converting to pdf.
Since I'm running on Mac OS X, if I export to eps, the equivalent action would be to open up the eps file using Preview (the built-in pdf viewer) or TeXShop (the front end for typesetting LaTeX). Either of these will automagically convert the eps into a pdf of the correct size. So...

Hope this might help
... the suggestion does help. Unfortunately, I then have to throw the eps file in the trash. Of course, I could write a script to do this after making the eps file, but it sure would be nice to make the pdf the right size in one pass.

Bill
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/