st: Re: grouping data

From   Mindy Nitkin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: grouping data
Date   Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:24:41 -0500

I am relatively new at using data and could use your collective help.

I am using a database that gives information about the characteristics of individual directors on boards of directors. (ie experience, age, gender, etc).
I would like to create a firm level metric of board characteristics by combining the data for individual directors. For example, total number of directors by firm, total number of independent directors by firm, total number of women directors by firm.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mindy Nitkin
DBA candidate
Boston University