Re: st: Collapsing with strings

From   austin nichols <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Collapsing with strings
Date   Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:31:43 -0500

Daphna Bassok:
You may want -bys: replace- inside a loop:

foreach v of varlist put all the relevant varnames here {
 bys id (`v'): qui replace `v'=`v'[_n-1] if mi(`v')
}
bys id: drop if _n>1

may work (untested).