st: RE: Data manipulation query

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Data manipulation query
Date   Wed, 11 Jan 2006 23:58:37 -0000

(a)

Suppose you focus on English.

You can go

egen nEnglish = sum(strpos(subject, "English")), by(ID)
keep if nEnglish == 2
drop nEnglish

Or suppose you focus on Mathematics.

You can go

egen nMath = sum(strpos(subject,"Math")), by(ID)
keep if nMath == 2
drop nMath

(b)

Given (a),