st: Right truncated Poisson for panel estimators

From   "Boye, Mark" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Right truncated Poisson for panel estimators
Date   Sun, 1 Jan 2006 10:04:24 -0500

The dependent variable is a daily count of the number of
clinically-meaningful adverse opioid-related symptoms (e.g., fatigue,
drowsy, concentration) right-truncated at <= 3 on each day and the data
is for 3 days.

Would you please advise on how to estimate this model with a random
intercept and random coefficients for the independent variables time and
amount of opioid consumed?

Relatedly, I would then like to estimate the above model
(right-truncated) specified as a population-averaged model in order to
used the results as input into an economic model.  Would you please
advise on how to accomplish this? I believe LIMDEP has such capabilities
but I am rather reluctant to re-learn this program in the middle of a
project.

Finally, if I must use LIMDEP to estimate the model, can I input the
LIMDEP estimates into STATA in order to use the superior STATA
facilities such as statsby (I've got 8 surgical-type dummies, gender,
and 3 age categories by which to estimate predicted values).

Thank you,
Mark

Mark E. Boye MBA, MPH, Ph.D.
Associate Director
WW Outcomes Research
Midwest/Ann Arbor Development Site
Pfizer Inc
1600/200/246
2800 Plymouth Road
Ann Arbor, MI  48105-2430
Tel: 734-622-4856
Fax: 734-622-2055
E-mail: [email protected]

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged.  It is intended for the addressee(s) only.  Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful.  If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.