Re: st: Saving Review Window

From   Nick Winter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Saving Review Window
Date   Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:10:22 -0500

You can save the contents of the review window into a .do file by right-clicking on the review window and selecting "Save Review Contents..."

You can then execute that .do file.

The program below will let you read the contents of that do file and insert it into the review window, WITHOUT actually executing the commands:

program pushreview
version 9.1
args fn

tempname hdl
file open `hdl' using `"`fn'"', read text
file read `hdl' line

while !(r(eof)) {
window push `line'
file read `hdl' line
}
end

Syntax is just

. pushreview mydo.do

where "mydo.do" is the name of the .do file you saved before.

I don't think Stata has a way to save the review window contents programmatically, so I don't think this can be fully automated . . .

--Nick