st: Towards a more flexible outreg

From   Marcello Pagano <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Towards a more flexible outreg
Date   Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:13:57 -0500

For Aamer:

m.p.

Aamer Abu-Qarn wrote:

Dear sir,
I made sure the messages sent to the list were western iso (exactly what you suggested) but they don't go through. I have tried hotmail too, and gmail (not through outlook) but the outcome was the same: no success. in addition the messages are plain ascii (i choose the option from outlook).
As i mentioned, when i send "who statalist" command it goes through.
Is it possible that there is a ptoblem with the server so new subscribers can't post? is it possible to see the properties of my account maybe i can't post? i have tried several accounts and computers but with no success.
The interesting thing is what happens to the messages i sent. for sure they don't bounce back. that means stata server gets them but then ignore/delete/block them from being posted.

i'm quite sure it has nothing to do with western/hebrew encoding (1255). your last message appeared as 1255 too.... but this message now is western iso-8859-1.

here is the message i wanted it posted

Hello,
What I want is to extract some info from regressions output (coef., std, t,
r2) and assign them to cells of a matix/table that i declare. So at the end
i'll get a formatted matrix/table that includes info from many regression
that i run. Assuming I declare a matrix/table A(10,4) in which the first
coulmn would include the regression number, the second _b[X1], the third
_se[X1], and the fourth R2. each of the rows would refer to a different
regression. I know that in Eviews it's possible to declare a matrix or table
of a specific dimension and then start assigning the values of each cell
from regression output or from any other source (any values/strings).
I looked in the manual of stata and i couldn't find a command to just
declare a matrix/table of a given dimension without filling it at the same
time.
to sum it up all i need is a flexible way to organize my results.
I'm aware of the command outreg but i need a more flexible way of organizing
the results.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Aamer