Re: st: Sample size calculation

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Sample size calculation
Date   Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:34:52 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks. We plan to do the experiment in humans and they will be treated
with Rebif. The expected size of difference is 2 SD (to be clinically
significant) but my understanding is that to be able to calculate the
sample size (alpha = 0.05, beta = 0.20), we have to know estimated mean
and SD? Is this not true?