RE: st: Predicted probabilities after mlogit

From   "Jun Xu" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: Predicted probabilities after mlogit
Date   Mon, 05 Sep 2005 13:13:36 -0500

An additional note that applies to all nonlinear models:

E(g(x)) != g(E(x)) [the expectation of a nonlinear function of random variable is not equation to the function of the expectation of random variables

I think what you did with predict is E(g(x)), and what prvalue does is g(E(x))

Jun Xu
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Sociology
Indiana University at Bloomington