st: RE: Two by two stacked bars

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Two by two stacked bars
Date   Thu, 26 May 2005 00:09:49 +0100

There may well be an easier way, but this does
work and is tunable:

gen old_new = old + new

gen oldpop_newpop = oldpop + newpop

gen year2 = year - 0.2

gen year3 = year + 0.2

twoway bar oldpop year2, barw(0.4) ||
	 rbar oldpop oldpop_newpop year2, barw(0.4) ||
	 bar old year3, barw(0.4) ||
       rbar old old_new year3, barw(0.4)
       legend(order(1 "oldpop" 2 "newpop" 3 "old" 4 "new"))

To quote a forthcoming article in the Stata Journal:
"as is common with Stata's
graphics, whatever is difficult with -graph dot-, -graph bar- or
-graph hbar- is often straightforward with {\tt graph twoway},
modulo some persistence".

Margo Schlanger