Re: st: RE: compact output for series of one-way tabulations

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: compact output for series of one-way tabulations
Date   Mon, 23 May 2005 16:26:56 -0400

-tabm- is exactly what I was looking for (embarassed to have missed it)

Thanks

Rich

Nick Cox wrote:

One possibility is -tabm-, which is part of the -tab_chi- package on SSC.
To do this from first principles
one strategy is a temporary -stack- or -reshape-.
Nick [email protected]
Richard Goldstein

I have a set of 32 variables, each can have any of the categorical values. What I want is an output that (excluding the header) is 32 rows by 5 columns, where the first column is the variable name and columns 2-4 are the three categories (frequency or count) and the last column is the total number having one of the three categories.

I admit that I cannot see even how to start coding this so I'm hoping that either someone already has coded it (though I couldn't find anything) or that someone has a hint or two they could share.