Re: st: Sequential Multiple Regression

Subject   Re: st: Sequential Multiple Regression
Date   Thu, 04 Nov 2004 15:50:46 -0500

At 09:11 PM 11/3/2004 -0600, Kang, Eugene wrote:
Hi,

I am doing a sequential multiple regression where I start with the base
model: y = a + b1x1 + b2x2

followed by the full model: y = a = b1x1 + b2x2 + b3x3 + b4x4

Is there anyway that I could get STATA to generate the change statistics
when changing from the base model to the full model? I know that I can
compute the change statistics manually, but I was wondering if anyone has
developed a simple program to do this?

Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks!
What exactly do you mean by "change statistics?" If you just want to test whether the added variables have statistically significant effects, after the full model, just do

test x3 x4

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227