Re: st: biprobit: test for difference in marginal effects

From   Wenhui Wei <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: biprobit: test for difference in marginal effects
Date   Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:05:41 -0500

hi, May, thanks a lot for your quick response.

I read your response, and as far as I understand, you're testing the
difference of marginal effects for (for =0) and (for=1). However,
given that (for =0) is the base level, I'm getting marginal effects
for (for =1), and I'm interested in whether the two marginal effects
are different.

In my case, I first run the model:
biprobit y1 y2 othervar for

the following command tests whther the coeffecients for (for =1 ) are
significant different.
test [y1]for = [y2]for

However, since the probit coefficients are hard to interpret, I need
the marginal effects, by typing:
(a) mfx compute, predict(pmarg1)
(b) mfx compute, predict(pmarg2)

My question is: how to test the marginal effect of (for=1) from (a) is
significant from
that from (b).

I hope I'm not confusing you....

Thanks!