st: Stata and Excel

From   "Yaseen Ghulam" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stata and Excel
Date   Thu, 04 Nov 2004 19:54:14 -0000

Dear Stata users,

Is there anyway of linking stata and MS Excel? I mean we run the model from our
do files, do the predictions and other calculations and excel get the predicted
values direcly from Stata. Our objective is to present these coefficents and
predicted values in excel pivot tables. One way may be creating log files or
coping and pasting or using stat transfer, but we are interested that excel should
get the values in a way as it gets values from other sheets or excel file.

Yaseen Ghulam
Lecturer Banking and Finance
University of Portsmouth
Economics Department