st: ordered probit and panels

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ordered probit and panels
Date   Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:14:17 +0200

Dear All,

I would like to estimate an ordered probit with a balanced panel of 3-4 waves. When I understand the handbook correctly, there is no xt-command for that purpose, and svyoprobit applies to a cross section only . Oprobit with clustering of individuals is no alternative either as the cluster option does not take into account the 'direction' of the 'correlation'. Besides gllamm, is there another alternative ?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Yours sincerely,

Justina Fischer

P.S: I know that I have posted a similar question one year ago, but there were only 2 waves available at that time. So I could apply oprobit, cluster(id) in that case.

Dipl.Vw. Justina A.V. Fischer,
Research Associate
SIAW - University of St. Gallen
Bodanstr. 8