st: Default range for 'kdensity'

From   "Camelia Minoiu" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Default range for 'kdensity'
Date   Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:13:11 -0400

Dear All,

I have a short question about -kdensity-. What is the default interval in which the points of estimation are chosen? It does not appear to be [min,max] where min=the minimum observed value in the data, and max= the maximum observed value in the data; rather, it appears to be slightly larger an interval. (I have been unable to find this information in the documentation.) What is the exact rule which chooses the limits of this (default) range?

Thank you for your support.

Camelia Minoiu
Ph.D. Student
Dept. of Economics