RE: st: RE: still having problems with converting string variables

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: still having problems with converting string variables
Date   Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:22:40 +0100

There's no dilemma here. The solution is not to -destring-
but just using correct syntax. As -dxcode1- is string,
you must bind string values within " ".

tab dxcode1 if dxcode1 == "4010-"

By the way, such a command would do nothing
useful except count values.

count if dxcode1 == "4010-"

is more direct for that purpose.

Suzy