[no subject]

It appears unclear why you want to -destring-
in this circumstance, as your variables are not
really numeric in content and you just run the
risk of losing information.

If, however, you need a numeric categorical variable
for some purpose, e.g. -anova-, then -encode-
not -destring- is the appropriate way to do it.

Suzy