RE: st: further version questions

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: further version questions
Date   Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:54:13 +0100

I am not clear that this need depend on StataCorp
introducing new commands.

Any user-programmer could set up a system like
this using globals and locals.

In one main program a programmer could set

global frog_version 42

and in called programs could set

local frog_version 42
if `frog_version' != $frog_version {
	di as err "frog: using a mix of old and new versions"
	exit 498
}

and so on.

Stas Kolenikov