st: To: [email protected]

From   "Christopher J. Crnich, MD" <[email protected]>
To   undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject   st: To: [email protected]
Date   Wed, 15 Sep 2004 01:40:03 -0500

I am new to Stata so my question may be a bit naive. I am working with count data (infectious diseases where persons either do or don't develop illness) and I am trying to create an epidemic curve over a 48 hour period (timeline labeled from 1 - 48). I used the histogram function, however, my last data point (at 34.5 hours) does not show up on the histogram. Curiously, when I change the last data points time from 34.5 to 32 hours it does show up on the histogram. However, any number >32 causes the data point to disappear. It does not even get lumped in with the next closest data point (26.5). Anyone have an idea what is going on? Am I doing something wrong with the histogram command?

Any help would be appreciated.

Christopher J. Crnich, MD
Section of Infectious Diseases
Department of Medicine
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
600 Highland Avenue, CSC H4/574
Madison, WI 53792
Phone: (608) 263-1554
Fax: (608) 263-4464