st: RE: Re: obtaining confidence intervals after mfx compute

From   "Jose A. Aleman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: obtaining confidence intervals after mfx compute
Date   Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:13:32 -0400

Thanks very much. The problem is that stdp generates the standard error for
the fitted values of X. This is also commonly referred to as the standard
error of the observation's covariate pattern xjb. In the panel data I'm
using, this error is unique to each observation fitted. The reason I use mfx
compute, however, is because I want to isolate the effect of a discrete
change in one variable on the dependent variable. If I x changes from 4 to
5, and y increases by 20, how do I get the standard error for this
particular change?. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get stata to get
stata to do this for E[y | x].

Jose Aleman
PhD Candidate
Politics Department