st: Kaplan Meier

From   "Butt, Adeel" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Kaplan Meier
Date   Sat, 28 Aug 2004 12:52:27 -0400

Title: Kaplan Meier

I am a new statalist user. I had a much simpler question:

I am working on a Cox model. I stset the dataset appropriately for failure (death) and the model ran okay, as expected. The follow-up time in the dataset is about 12 years. However, when I ran the Kaplan-Meier survival curves, the x-axis shows a follow-up period of almost 40 years. I entered the entry time, origin time, but neither fix the problem.

Any suggestions.

Adeel A. Butt

Assistant Professor of Medicine and Infectious Diseases
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Suzy
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 12:32 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Re: destringing

Hi Daniel,
I have looked at the UCLA website - it's very good and I've used it
before. I'll go through it again on this topic. Thanks too for the other
tips.  I think it's true that most of the learning happens through trial
and error and then some handholding by others who have been there. I
appreciate your time and insight on this topic.
Suzy