RE: st: Again-Unique Case ID in Large Panel

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Again-Unique Case ID in Large Panel
Date   Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:37:24 +0100

Is the message

"id*Delta(time) does not uniquely identify observations."

going to solve this problem? As I understand it,
the question of uniqueness is absolute and not
dependent on what is displayed given some -width()-.

As StataCorp will be touching the code for -xtdes-,
I suggest that they also touch the on-line help and point
to the official commands -isid- and -duplicates-
as tools which it seems can be helpful here. The
manual entry can follow in due course.

Richard Gates