Re: st: tostring question

From   "Dev Vencappa" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: tostring question
Date   Mon, 02 Aug 2004 18:20:01 +0100

Rafa,

you might want to see the help on tostring. I see that the replace option with tostring talks about your problem.

Dev

>>> [email protected] 08/02/04 06:14pm >>>
I am trying to transform a numeric variable (double %10.0g) into string
using -tostring-, however I get the following outcome:

 tostring folio, gen(sfolio)
folio cannot be converted reversibly; no generate

When I try the same command with a similar variable (long %12.0g) -tostring-
works fine.

Is there a way to get the string variable I am looking for?

Thanks,

Rafa