st: Re: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: panel data command

Subject   st: Re: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: panel data command
Date   Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:57:40 -0400

Actually, I think most frequent contributors and users of Statalist would
actually agree that Nick is the closest thing we have to a webmaster on this
list (although not the listserve manager).  As another frequent contributor,
I don't think he's off-point at all and I think "you'd better shut up"
crosses the line well past reasonable discussion.

You asked a fairly elementary question, I gave a fairly straightforward
answer, you came back with more questions that you could have answered in
other ways such as the documentation, FAQs, or how about just trying to use
reshape to see if you ran into any problems doing what you wanted (and then
ask the list a question based on an error message or unexpected result that
you couldn't figure out on your own).   Simple questions get replies to
varying degrees on the list -- most people get at least one or two indulged
before a RTFM response --  but repeated questions that you could at least
attempt to solve on your own (just try to do it ...) are less well received.

Michael Blasnik
[email protected]