Re: st: RE: Weibull MLE, part II

From   <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Weibull MLE, part II
Date   Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:13:04 -0600

After I load the program below, I type
ml model lf weib1 ()
ml check
upon which the following trace & error are returned:
Test 1:  Calling weib1 to check if it computes log likelihood
and
         does not alter coefficient vector...
         FAILED; weib1 returned error 198.

Here is a trace of its execution:
-> weib1 __000003 __000002
            - `begin'
            = capture noisily version 8.2: weib1 __000003
__000002
begin weib1
              - version 8.2
              - args lnf leta lgam
              - tempvar p M R
              - quietly {
              - gen double `p' = exp(`lgam')
              = gen double __000004 = exp()
invalid syntax
                gen double `M' = ($ML_y1*exp(-`leta'))^`p'
                gen double `R' = ln($ML_y1)-`leta'
                replace `lnf' = -`M'+$ML_y2*(`lgam'-
`leta'+(`p'-1)*`R')
                }
end weib1 ---
            - `end'
            = set trace off
Fix weib1.

If I use the 'cancer' dataset and use the same -ml model-
command, the same trace & error are returned.  Perhaps I am
missing something obvious in the argument specification?
Again, I suspect that my single vector of datapoints may be the
problem or, perhaps, my confusion regarding proper
variable/argument specification in the -ml model- command.
Just to reiterate, I am interested in estimating the theta &
beta from the Weibull pdf using my small dataset.  As always,
any input is appreciated!
cheers, clint