st: Re: getting output in a decent table (not text) format

From   Roger Newson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: getting output in a decent table (not text) format
Date   Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:39:57 +0000

At 01:28 14/03/04 -0600, Tewodaj Mogues wrote:
Dear Shige,

Thanks much for your advice. It appears as if Latex is a sort of programme that is not part of stata. I will consider obtaining it for future reference. However, in the search on the web to learn more about what Latex is, I found two additional simple ways to create STATA output in table format (for anyone else who may have the same question):

(1) after running the regression, type
parmest
and save the resulting dataset under another name. This works great! Only problem is that the new dataset contains only the "core" results, eg coefficients, st.errors, etc., but not other results stata may have generated, such as the Wald test, tests for autocorrelation, etc.
Tewodaj doesn't say what version of Stata is being used here. However, -parmest- in Stata 7 and 8 has -escal()-, -emac()- and -evec()- options, which allow the user to save estimation results other than estimates, standard errors, confidence limits and P-values. The Stata 8 version of -parmest- is downloadable from SSC, and the Stata 8, 7, 6 and 5 versions are available on my website (see my signature below), and can be accessed either using a browser or (better) using the Stata -net- command.

I hope this helps.

Roger

--
Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics

Tel: 020 7848 6648 International +44 20 7848 6648
Fax: 020 7848 6620 International +44 20 7848 6620
or 020 7848 6605 International +44 20 7848 6605
Email: [email protected]
Website: http://www.kcl-phs.org.uk/rogernewson

Opinions expressed are those of the author, not the institution.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/