Re: st: LR test result for negative binomial with clusturing

From   "Nevbahar Ertas" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: LR test result for negative binomial with clusturing
Date   Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:08:28 -0500

Thanks. I checked that stata FAQ, but when I run for a wald test (by the command .test) instead of LR, it tests for all the independent variables in the model. It does not give me the test for alpha=0 in negative binomial. Any ideas?

At 03:42 PM 1/27/2004 -0500, Nevbahar Ertas wrote:
>I am trying to estimate a negative binomial regression model, and I am
>also correcting for clusturing. I noticed that the output doesn't include
>the LR test for alpha at the end of the table. Any ideas on how to get the
>LR test result? Thanks.

There is a Stata FAQ entitled "Why should I not do a likelihood-ratio test
after an ML estimation (e.g., logit, probit) with clustering or pweights?"
that might address your question.  See

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/lrtest.html