re: st: BBEdit/TextWrangler Syntax Coloring Module

From   Bill Rising <[email protected]>
To   "Stata Listserve" <[email protected]>
Subject   re: st: BBEdit/TextWrangler Syntax Coloring Module
Date   Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:34:12 -0500

On 1/9/04 9:20, David Airey wrote

>> I have created a Stata Syntax coloring module for use with BBEdit and
>> TextWrangler (by BareBones). This module is still beta, and it has
>> caused TextWrangler to lock in past testing though it does not corrupt
>> files (save frequently!). I have tested it with my own Stata use and I
>> have not been able to make it crash, however some of your do and ado
>> files may contain syntax which causes this plugin to choke. I would
>> very much like feedback about the plugin concerning the color schemes
>> and keywords.
>>
>> You can download the plugin from
>> http://homepage.mac.com/benhulley/depot/StataPlugin.html . The C++
>> source code and MPW make files are available on the same page. This
>> plugin is free as is the source code and I can only support it as I
>> find the time, however I will do my best to fix any bugs that appear
>> as quickly as possible, as well as adding new features as time
>> permits.
>>

>This plugin would benefit from having access to a Stata command list.
>Is there such a list provided by Stata Corp. to the public for
>programming purposes?

What I did for the emacs ado-mode was go through the books and pull out
the commands one by one. Not really efficient, but doable.

If anyone wants to see the list I used for checking the highlighting,
which includes whatever subcommands seemed useful, some constructions (to
check indentation), some obsolete commands, and smcl commands, it can be
gotten from

ftp://brising:@erdos.math.louisville.edu/public_ftp/ado-mode/

The two files which have lists of commands are:
syntax_checker.ado
syntax_checker.dlg

Bill