Stata Licensing and sharing desktops on multiple platforms. was (RE: st: Using Stata remotely via Mac OS X)

From   "Daniel R Sabath" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Stata Licensing and sharing desktops on multiple platforms. was (RE: st: Using Stata remotely via Mac OS X)
Date   Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:47:16 -0800

This brings up a small quibble I have with the way licenses work. I know
that corporations have to make money on selling programs and it costs for
development on multiple platforms, but it still grates to know that I need
three licenses if I want to use Stata on all three computers I work on
regularly. Is it possible that a program be licensed to a USER and to let
that user use it on whatever platform they care to? I have a Mac for a
laptop, XP on my work desktop and LINUX at home. With the current license I
am unable to work on data while traveling and I imagine the XP/OSX combo
will not be all that unusual fairly soon.
</soapbox>