st: emacs ado-mode upgraded

From   Bill Rising <[email protected]>
To   "Stata Listserve" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: emacs ado-mode upgraded
Date   Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:29:48 -0500

Hey folks,

I (finally) got the emacs ado-mode I had written for Stata upgraded to
deal with the new stuff in Stata 8. (Translation: emacs is a text editor
which could be used for editing ado, do, smcl, hlp files and the like.)

Just as before, it has context-sensitive highlighting, automatic
indentation of blocks, and templates for writing help files.

Unlike before, it's much more customizable both on the global level (via
emacs' customization routines) as well as locally (file by file). Unlike
before, it allows easy customization of indentation style, handling of
hanging indentation after continuations and all the font coloring.

If you want to check it out to see what it is good for, go to

http://www.louisville.edu/~wrrisi01/Stata

If you want to install it, go to

ftp://erdos.math.louisville.edu/pub/brising

and snag the whole ado-mode folder.

The installation instructions are at

http://www.louisville.edu/~wrrisi01/Stata/ado-mode_install.html

Bill