Re: st: SOS:Updating the Executable

From   "Mark Schaffer" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: SOS:Updating the Executable
Date   Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:57:41 -0000

Adolf,

Date sent:      	Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:40:32 +0300
To:             	[email protected]
From:           	Adolf <[email protected]>
Subject:        	st: SOS:Updating the Executable
Send reply to:  	[email protected]

> Hi,
> I have been trying to update the executable for my Stata 7 without success.
> After downloading the update, I am asked to follow the following steps:
> 1-exit stata
> 2-change to c:\stata\
> 3-copy wstata.exe to wstata.old
> 4-copy wstata.bin to wstata.exe
> 5-try stata
> 6-Later, erase wstata.old if satisfied or copy wstata.old back to wstata.exe
>
> Trouble is, following this steps does not help at all. In the first place
> no wstata.old exists.

Can you describe the problem in more detail?  What operating system
you are using?  What you did that didn't work?  It's hard to tell
what's gone wrong from what you've described.  For example, if you
follow step 3

> 3-copy wstata.exe to wstata.old

then of course "wstata.old" exists because you just created it.  Or
are you unable to copy it in the first place?

--Mark

> I remember when using Stata6 updating was easy. The worse part is that I
> can not do anyting
> right now unless I updata.
>
> I WILL VERY MUCH APPRECIATE HELP ON THIS

Prof. Mark E. Schaffer
Director
Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh EH14 4AS  UK
44-131-451-3494 direct
44-131-451-3008 fax
44-131-451-3485 CERT administrator
http://www.som.hw.ac.uk/cert