Re: st: Missing Data

Subject   Re: st: Missing Data
Date   Mon, 08 Dec 2003 07:28:36 -0500

At 11:32 AM 12/8/2003 +0000, Shabbar Jaffry wrote:
Dear Stata users,

Currently I am working on a data set where I have to fill the gaps in the data and then
do analysis. An example of the data is as follows:
where for sex 1 is coded for males and 2 for females and for employment status
(empstatus) 1 is employed and 2 for unemployed. Is there any fancy command in stata
which can fill the gaps.
How you should handle missing data depends on the reason it is missing. For example, it makes little sense to fill in # of pregnancies for males. So, I'd be careful about using just any old command that handles missing data.

Within stata, giving the command "search missing data" yields a lot of suggestions. The impute and ipolate commands may be useful. http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/missing.html explains some ways to replace MD. Lots of other stuff there too.

Richard Williams, Associate Professor
OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227