Re: st: graph combine and overlay

From   Allan Reese <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: graph combine and overlay
Date   Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:42:58 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Lars Korsholm wrote:
> Is it possible to overlay two already-produced graphs,
> something like
> graph combine gr1 gr2, onegraph

It seems not.  I was looking for just this feature, and also tried
graph display || scatter ...

which gives an odd syntax error.  I can see there are problems in aligning
graphs, since separate plots do NOT appear at fixed locations in the
plotting space (ie 32000x20000 pixcel system) because labels etc may have
different lengths.  The two problems appear related, and I have previously
asked Tech Support to provide a mechanism so that the axes can be "fixed".
That would allow "graph combine" to create a display where the y (or x)
axes are visually aligned.  It should then be easy to add another option
to overlay two plots.

R. Allan Reese                       Email:     [email protected]