st: RE: Johnson's Distributions

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Johnson's Distributions
Date   Thu, 4 Dec 2003 17:33:45 -0000

Your question is in two parts. I don't know
the jargon "hard-bound", but I guess you
mean that the support is an interval with
finite minimum and maximum. The answer
to the first part presumably comes from
a text on probability distributions.

The question underlying the second part is
is whether code is available. Unless private
code is revealed, the ML problem can
be solved more or less easily depending
on how awkward the likelihood function is.
But you might benefit from looking at code for other
distributions on SSC and replacing the distribution-specific code.
See for example -betafit-, -gammafit-, -gumbelfit-.

I can't comment on GMM.

D.Christodoulou