RE: st: -version- question

From   "John A Karikari" <[email protected]>
To   "<Kit Baum" <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: -version- question
Date   Tue, 02 Dec 2003 17:05:19 -0500

Hi All:
The Stata that  I'm having problems with is a networked version (a
Version 8.0).  I have switched to a standalone version (a Version 7.0),
have also excluded any version statement from my program, and I don't
have the problem anymore with either IVREG2 or IVREG3 (that Mark sent
me).  I've contacted the IT at my workplace about the problem with the
network version.

Thanks everyone for the tremendous help and advice.  Really impressed
with Stata and I'm glad I convinced my group to use it.

Thanks again, and especially to Mark for everything.
Keep up the excellent work.

John

>>> [email protected] 12/02/03 03:26PM >>>
I guess that -ivreg2- is calling up
an up-to-date Stata official ado file which
in turn is expecting to talk to the
latest executable, but it can't find it,
as it hasn't been updated.

I guess also that fiddling with -ivreg2-
or the way that it's called will do
nothing to solve this systemic problem.

Perhaps you are using a networked version
of Stata and thus not in charge of
your own set-up. Or otherwise
you will have to get someone to
explain what to do. For example,