st: ordered probit with a panel

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ordered probit with a panel
Date   Tue, 2 Dec 2003 21:47:59 +0100

Dear List,

I am new to this list so I do not know if the following problem had
already been discussed:
At my disposition is a small panel (2 waves) of 5000 individuals who
were asked about their satisfaction levels, ranging from 1 to 11.
Because of the dependent variable I thought of an ordered probit
model. Unfortunately Stata does not provide a panel version of
oprobit and the online help was not helpful either.
My spontaneous thought was of pooling the data and clustering for the
individuals.
Does one of the experts in this list know of a better alternative ?
I would very much appreciate constructive hints.

Cheers,
Justina

Dipl.Vw. Justina A.V. Fischer,
Research Associate