st: Modelling with probit

From   "Joan A. Williams" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Modelling with probit
Date   Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:31:54 -0600

Hello to all:

I am familiar with the standard probit model for evaluating to what effect an explanatory variable may have on a categorical dependent variable assuming (in my case) a binary value of 1 as well as the Stata commands probit, dprobit, mfx, etc.

In my model, I am trying to assess why a given group of people (dummy variable)exhibits a higher probability (in regards to the dependent variable)than people not in the group within my probit model.
Is the usual xi interaction expansion kosher (in terms of technique and finesse)? Or should I develop another model apart from the original probit. Critiques, suggestions are welcomed. Thanks