st: RE: Drop observations

From   "Vidya Mahambare" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Drop observations
Date   Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:06:33 +0000

Thanks Nick. I will follow your instructions. However, when I try,
 ssc inst tsspell ,
the following error occurs -
checking tsspell consistency and verifying not already installed...
cannot write in directory c:\ado\plus\t

Any solution?

vidya

>>> [email protected] 11/10/03 04:56pm >>>
I assume identifier variable -id-, time variable -t-
and that you have -tsset- the data.

For regression it's problematic if either the response
or any of the covariates is missing. Compute

. egen nmiss = rmiss(y x1 x2 x3)

One way of doing it then is to use -tsspell- from
SSC.

. ssc inst tsspell
. tsspell, cond(nmiss == 0)

defines spells for which all variables are present,
and does so automatically within panels.

The longest spell in each panel is then

. egen longest = max(_seq), by(id)

and you can

. drop if longest < 4