RE: st: color graph copying to microsoft word 2002

From   "Steven Stillman (LMPG)" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: color graph copying to microsoft word 2002
Date   Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:36:27 +1300

Thanks to Shannon (and Derek Wagner of Stata who responded off-list).  As
guessed, I was opening up old stata7 graphs and needed to use the oldgprefs
dialog box.  Steve

----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, 5 November 2003 7:18
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: color graph copying to microsoft word 2002

Steven Stillman <[email protected]> wrote:

> I just recently upgraded to stata 8.2 from 7.0 and also upgraded from
> MS Word 97 to 02 all on a PC.  Previously, with my graph clipboard
> settings on color in graph preferences, if I copied and pasted a color
> graph into Word (using the right-mouse menu) it would show up in
> color.  Now, in the same circumstances it shows up in b-w.  I am
> wondering if any one else has experienced this problem and knows of a
> solution.  The hardest part in solving this problem is that it could
> be occurring either because of changes in default behavior in Stata or
> in Word.  I have tried changing the graph clipboard setting in Stata
> (to automatic and as is) but this hasn't helped.

Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]> replied:

> This problem was discussed on the list previously. One suggestion was
> to update the printer driver.

It sounds as if you may be using the old Stata 7 style graphs (-graph7-).
If this is the case, you may need to change the clipboard settings the way
you did in Stata 7.  To bring up the dialog to do so, you can type

	. oldgprefs

In the resulting dialog, click on the Clipboard tab and then select the
scheme that you would like to use.  After that, click OK.

Now, create a graph and click on the Graph window.  You can now either click
on Edit -> Copy Graph or simply press Ctrl+C to copy the graph to the
clipboard.

Finally, in Word, or in whatever application you wish to paste the graph,
click on Edit -> Paste or press Ctrl+V to paste the graph.

If this does not work and you continue to have problems, please email
Stata's Technical Services for support.  You can send an email to
[email protected].  We will be glad to assist.

--Shannon Driver

The information contained in this document is intended only for the
 addressee and is not necessarily the views nor the official
communication of the Department of Labour.  All final/official papers
which are sent from the Department will be sent by non-electronic
means, on appropriate letterhead, signed by authorised personnel.