st: Any Bootstrapper in the list

From   "\"Jingky P. Lozano\"" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Any Bootstrapper in the list
Date   Tue, 04 Nov 2003 22:06:15 +0800 (PHT)

Mabuhay!!! Hello statalist members. I'm new in the list.  I felt desperate
looking for information for almost a month regarding Bootstrapping.  There seem
to be so many references but I couldn't find the one which specifically
addresses my need.  My eyes are already bulging-tired so I decided to enlist
the statalist's help.

I hope there's kind soul with enough time to help me in my inquiry.  I'm a
Basic STATA-user planning to do an analysis using Bootstrapping.  My Stata
version is an "oldie" :-).  I still have the version 6 and couldn't relate much
to the latest Stata manual available online.

I only wish to see an example of a complete stata program code (with a sample
data set) on how to apply bootstrapping in survival data so I can output :

*confidence intervals for the median survival time
*standard error and bias for the Kaplan Meier survival probabilities and Cox
Proportional Hazard regression

Can stata control the proportion of censored observations in bootstrapping
survival data?  (Say, I want to create bootstrap resample with only 10%
censored data.)  Is there a particular command available for that?

Sorry for having so many inquiries.  I actually have more questions in mind,
but I don't want to take so much of your time.  I just feel helpless with the
questions mentioned above.  I would appreciate any information you can share.
Even a message with only a "Hi" would also help to assure me that this list is
really working.  Thank you...thank you very much for your time.

A peaceful day to all.

warm regards,
Jei
(Manila, Philippines)