st: value reported for centile in centile command

From   Elizabeth Allred <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: value reported for centile in centile command
Date   Wed, 08 Oct 2003 11:07:12 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 14:51:14 -0000
From: "jschwabi" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]

Hi. I just joined the statalist group but my postings keep getting
sent back to me undelivered. Would you mind posting the following
message for me? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
jon

Does anyone know what value the "centile" command reports for each
centile? Does it report the median value, top value or some other
value of each centile? That is, if I calculate each decile, what is
the value "centile" spits out--the median of each decile? the top
value? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks