Re: st: Table output, how to get percent of row total?

From   Elizabeth Allred <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Table output, how to get percent of row total?
Date   Wed, 08 Oct 2003 10:36:20 -0400

I agree with Phil on this although I'm not so much worried that I don't get a publication-ready table as I am that I have to use different commands to get what are essentially different displays of the same basic table. Would love to see one table command with options that would do it all.

Elizabeth Allred

Philip Ryan wrote:

<snip>

Opinion piece follows, bail out now if your time is precious.....

As I think Nick Cox has pointed out recently, Stata's tabulation facilities are somewhat scattered and it can be difficult to find exactly what you want among the myriad of official and unofficial commands. My own opinion is that, usually, user-written add-ons are a *very* good thing and add immeasurably to Stata's functionality. But tabulation is such a basic and important tool that a more unified system is needed. Many of us have written front-ends to _tabdisp for particular

<snip>