re: Re: st: panel data hausman negative

From   paula garcia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   re: Re: st: panel data hausman negative
Date   Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:01:12 -0400

Mark, thanks for your answer. The problem is the following.

I want to know if the best estimation is a fixed or a random
effects. So I use the Hausman test:

 xtreg y x, fe
 hausman, save
 xtreg y x, re
 hausman

 I want to run three versions of models, and they have more
 or less the same variables. In the first two, the p-value of
 Hausman is 0.0000, so I use xtreg, fe. However, when I run
 the third model, the HAusman statistic is negative. I have
 read that this means that with my sample, I have no evidence
 to reject the null, so I would have to make a random effects
 for this third model.

 However, for me is strange the result on the third model
 (random effect), since more or less the variables are the
 same ones than in the first two models, and the population
 is, of course, the same. So I would like to test the
 hypothesis of random effects by means of other command,
like suest.

 Thank you in advance.
 Paula

http://www.latinmail.com.  Gratuito, latino y en espa�ol.