Re: st: calling the value of a scalar

From   "Dev Vencappa" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: calling the value of a scalar
Date   Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:58:02 +0100

Hi all
 I ran a regression and straight after that ran a dwstat test for the durbin watson statistic. I saved the result in a scalar called b as follows:

scalar b=r(dw)
Because I am working within a repetitive loop, I want stata to check if this value of the durbin watson for each of the units I compute is less or equal to some specified value. How can I do that? Can sombody help please? I can only call the scalar to list the values stored in b, but don't know how to ask stata to check the above condition.

Many thanks
Dev

Dev Vencappa
School of Economics