st: Repeated Measures GEE Model with Ordinal Dependent Variable

From   "Laura Damschroder" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Repeated Measures GEE Model with Ordinal Dependent Variable
Date   Wed, 03 Sep 2003 13:57:21 -0400

Hello -

I am finally happily migrating to Stata from using a combination of SAS
and SPSS and have succeeded in replicating most of the models and
analyses I have done in the past in Stata.  However, there is one model
I cannot find any documentation for in Stata: what if I have an ordinal
dependent variable with repeated measures (a within-subject measure) and
a categorical independent variable along with the variable indicating
the "panel" (scenario in this case).  In SAS, I coded this using:

proc genmod data=geeanal.age DESC;
  class id educat scenario;
  model preference = educat scenario/
                 dist=mult link=cumlogit type3;
  repeated subject=id / corrw type=indep;

Does anyone know how to replicate this model in Stata?

Thank you!

Laura

Laura J. Damschroder, MS, MPH

Program for Improving Health Care Decisions
UM Medical School &
VA Center for Practice Management and Outcomes Research

300 North Ingalls, 7D10 (Mailbox 7C27)
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0429

Check out our website and the "Decision-of-the-Month"
www.med.umich.edu/pihcd/

Phone  (734) 615-0529
Fax       (734) 936-8944