st: question about tables

From   Rodrigo Brice�o <[email protected]>
To   "Statalist" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: question about tables
Date   Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:31:14 -0600

Dear stata users:

I have a dataset that has the following structure (variables are region,
district and persons of corresponding age in each district and region):

Region Distr  Age01  02  03.....35
  1     D01    23    35  45
  1     D02    32    30  15
  2     D01    28    30  15
  2     D02    27    30  15
  3     D01    21    30  15
  3     D02    24    30  15....

Why kind of command can I use to tell Stata that I want a table like this:

Distr  Age01 02  03....35
D01    72    95  75
D02    73    90  45....

Where the data are summarized according to the number assigned to the
district and totalizing persons for each age.

Thanks

Rodrigo